Saturday, 1 June 2013

Sooty

Depression self-help tip 3:


Sooty is twin sister to Muffin but like many twins they have contrasting personalities. Sooty makes me happy because she is incredibly fluffy and has big wide eyes like an innocent bush-baby, but in reality she is feisty with a real attitude. She adores me and follows me around the room, but refuses to make friends with anyone else, and selfishly this makes me smile. She often picks fights with the other cats, and the dogs too, but she has so much personality for a cat. Sometimes she reminds me of myself and it makes me smile. When she was just a tiny kitten she fell in the pond in the garden and managed to clamber back out. She also had to be rushed to the vets once after choking on a chicken bone when she sneaked into the kitchen to steal the leftovers. I hope one day her and Muffin will finally be best friends.
"Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function." 
Garrison Keillor

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." 
Sir Walter Scott

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats." 
Colonial proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment